This 3-part webinar series plus newly developed case led eLearning will address topics specific to peri-anaesthesia nursing within the day surgery environment. It is designed to cover the unique aspects of elective day surgery nursing and a variety of clinical conditions that may be encountered.
This program has been developed to bring greater insight into clinical practice for nurses working in the day surgery environment. It explores contemporary issues, and utilises a case study approach in many of the topics. This course is based on the most up to date evidence-based research, and follows the ACORN and ANZCA guidelines for safe clinical practice.
In addition to this course, we continue to offer the very popular Anaesthesia and PACU Nursing and Perioperative Nursing Essentials courses.
This on demand webinar series contains a total of 3 webinars, each 1.5 hours:
- When things go wrong - The Scary (Difficult) Airway, Anaphylaxis, Local Anaesthetic Toxicity
- Common respiratory complications; High Flow Nasal Oxygen; End Tidal CO2 Monitoring
- Pharmacology suitable for Day Surgery; Discharge criteria
PLUS additional self-paced education on:
- Pre and Post-Operative Care of Paediatric Patients
- Care of the ophthalmic patient
- Patients undergoing dental surgery
- Patients undergoing Endoscopy procedures.
You will be able to access the recordings and the accompanying workbook along with the optional eLearning packages via the online course page.
Suitable for all Anaesthesia & Recovery Room nurses especially those working within a day surgery environment, including stand alone day surgery hospitals and endoscopy clinics. The course is also suitable for any nurse wanting to know more about peri-anaesthesia care. It is designed for nurses at any stage of their career who would like to be updated on contemporary day surgery topics.
The webinar series is discounted to $300 (inc GST). (Normally $395 for Face to Face format)