In this recorded webinar
This recorded webinar is part of an ongoing GP Psychiatry Support Webinar Series.
This topic, hosted by Dr Martin Cohen, features Dr Sally Lambert, Specialist Psychiatrist, and will cover, how to:
- identify someone with suicidal ideation or behaviour
- undertake a patient-centred conversation and improve health literacy of the patient
- apply techniques of motivational interviewing, screening to determine risk, intervention, provision of pathways and assistance to effectively aid someone with suicidal ideation or behaviour
- create a comprehensive management plan under a stepped care model, considering what treatment settings are available
- how to refer to treatment, how to monitor treatment, and acquire proper resources
- understand the circumstances surrounding and the neurobiology of suicidal ideation and behaviour.
- determine appropriate medications and treatment options for those experiencing suicidal thoughts.
The aim of the activity is to upskill GPs in managing mental health consumers in primary care, and to effectively refer to other mental health professionals.
The recording is one hour long and includes a post-activity quiz.
This activity is accredited with the RACGP for 2 category 2 QI&CPD points. A certificate of is available for download on completion of all activities in the course.
Brought to you by ProCare
The discussion is presented by ProCare Mental Health Services, a not for profit organisation based in Waratah NSW. ProCare’s clinicians work with GPs to provide counselling, psychology, and psychiatry consultations. Additionally, they provide the free “GP Psychiatry Support Line” service (1800 16 17 18) which is an initiative funded by 6 Primary Health Networks in NSW.