Acute Life-threatening Emergencies, Recognition & Treatment - a variety of clinical conditions, which if not recognised & treated may result in death or morbidity for the patient.
Acute Life-threatening Emergencies, Recognition and Treatment (ALERT™) Online
This innovative online course is designed to provide clinicians with essential skills relating to the assessment and management of patients who are experiencing life-threatening emergencies. The program will cover a variety of clinical conditions, which if not recognised and treated promptly may result in either death or significant morbidity for the patient.
- Assessment & Management of the Patient with Respiratory Problems including Hypoxaemia & Hypercarbia, Tension Pneumothorax
- Caring for the Patient in Shock; Hypovolaemic, Cardiogenic, & Septic Shock
- Assessment & Management of the Patient with Anaphylaxis & Anaphylactoid Reactions
- Assessment and Management of the Patient with Chest Pain, Acute Coronary Syndromes; Angina, AMI
- Drowning Syndromes
- Thrombolytic Therapy
- The Patient with Venous Thromboembolism & Pulmonary Embolism
- Diabetic Emergencies; Hypoglycaemia, Hyperglycaemia, Ketoacidosis
- Acute Pulmonary Oedema, Pathogenesis & Management including the use of CPAP & Bi PAP
- Envenomation, Bites & Stings
- Care of the Patient with a Stroke, Neurological Assessment