Acute Life-threatening Emergencies, Recognition & Treatment - a variety of clinical conditions, which if not recognised & treated may result in death or morbidity for the patient.
Acute Life-threatening Emergencies, Recognition and Treatment (ALERT™) Online
This innovative online course is designed to provide clinicians with essential skills relating to the assessment and management of patients who are experiencing life-threatening emergencies. The program will cover a variety of clinical conditions, which if not recognised and treated promptly may result in either death or significant morbidity for the patient.
- 3.5 hours of self-paced online learning*
- Session 1 - 11am to 4pm (AEST)- Live Virtual Classroom
- Session 2 - 11am to 4pm (AEST)- Live Virtual Classroom
The course will be held over 2 live sessions.
In order to give more time for questions and interaction during the live sessions, we will also give you access to some pre-recorded course content that can be completed at your own pace.
* Access to this will be given 2 weeks prior to the course and we will email you with details.
If you're unable to attend any part of the live sessions, they will be recorded and will be available to watch on demand. Please alow up to a week for post production and once available, access will last for 4 weeks.
- Assessment & Management of the Patient with Respiratory Problems including Hypoxaemia & Hypercarbia, Tension Pneumothorax
- Caring for the Patient in Shock; Hypovolaemic, Cardiogenic, & Septic Shock
- Assessment & Management of the Patient with Anaphylaxis & Anaphylactoid Reactions
- Assessment and Management of the Patient with Chest Pain, Acute Coronary Syndromes; Angina, AMI
- Drowning Syndromes
- Thrombolytic Therapy
- The Patient with Venous Thromboembolism & Pulmonary Embolism
- Diabetic Emergencies; Hypoglycaemia, Hyperglycaemia, Ketoacidosis
- Acute Pulmonary Oedema, Pathogenesis & Management including the use of CPAP & Bi PAP
- Envenomation, Bites & Stings
- Care of the Patient with a Stroke, Neurological Assessment