The 2022 Diabetes in General Practice course will be run as two live webinar events ‘bookending’ interactive online content. This totals over 8 hours of learning. The webinars will be delivered by experienced GP medical educators with a special interest and expertise in diabetes. They will address recent developments and practice updates in diabetes care through a series of scenarios.
In addition, you will also receive 12 months access to:
- Both webinars as 'on-demand' recordings
- Accompanying evidence summaries
- Online interactive case studies
- Interviews with allied health and specialist experts
- An online moderated community, where questions can be posted, and participants can interact
2022 course content
Over recent years, there have been a number of significant changes in the approach to screening, diagnosis, assessment and management of diabetes in primary care. The Medcast ‘Diabetes in General Practice’ course will cover the latest in research and practice updates in this field. The course was primarily written by Dr Justin Coleman, former editor of the Diabetes Management Journal and co-editor of Murtagh General Practice.
The Diabetes in General Practice course comprises the most up-to-date and important topics for Australian GP's managing diabetes in 2022.
- Screening, diagnosis and assessment
- Lifestyle management - diet, exercise, weight loss
- Pharmacological management
- Sick day management
- Bariatric surgery
- Management in specific populations - frail and aged, pregnancy
- Diabetic emergencies
Medcast is entirely independent of pharmaceutical or other influences so you can be reassured all the information is balanced and independent.