This 4 hour program pulls together some of the key areas from a range of our most popular courses to quickly improve the knowledge and skills of nurses caring for the critically ill patient. It is totally self paced to allow for flexible learning and is delivered via a range of mediums including recorded presentations and new case led e-learning modules.
- An introduction and overview of the critical care environment including orientation to the critical care bedspace, equipment, handover and patient assessment.
- Escalating and managing emergencies in a critical care setting, including arterial blood gas analysis, and resuscitation practices.
- The use of haemodynamic monitoring including central lines and arterial lines.
- Respiratory therapies such as high flow nasal therapy and mechanical ventilation.
- Specific case studies including interactive eLearning looking at patients with Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), Acute pulmonary oedema (APO), Acute coronary syndrome (ACS), and Sepsis.
This course is perfect for organisations looking to rapidly deploy nurses into higher acuity areas. It will also assist any nurse who is looking to rapidly upskill or gain an introduction to High Acuity and Critical Care areas.
Only $99 for 4 hours of high quality case led learning.
For organisations looking to enrol a number of staff, significant enterprise discounts are availiable. Please contact us for pricing.