The Hot Topics GP Update Course covers the most pertinent medical literature from the last 12 months, perfectly distilled for today's busy GPs and Nurses; from Cardiovascular Medicine to Women's Health, Paediatrics to Mental Health and everything in between.
The 2020 Hot Topics will give you a vital update on:
- Cardiovascular Disease - primary prevention in older people; Heart failure with preserved ejection fraction
- Prescribing Hot Topics - Loop diuretics; Medical cannabis
- Respiratory - Asthma, new Australian guidelines update; Chronic cough in adults
- Smoking - E-cigarettes and vaping
- Women’s Health - contraception & HRT update
- Neurology & ENT - acute vertigo
- Mental Health - Burnout & Treatment resistant depression
- Abnormal blood tests - Subclinical hypothyroidism & Inflammatory markers
- Infections - Complicated UTIs, cellulitis, pertussis
- Gastro - chronic diarrhea
- Misc Hot Topics cases.
* Exact timings on the day may change at presenter's discretion.
|08.30 - 09.00
||Registration, Tea and Coffee
|09.00 - 10.40
|10.40 - 11.00
|11.00 - 12.30
|12.30 - 13.15
|13.15 - 14.30
|14.30 - 14.55
|14.55 - 16.30
||End Hot Topics
|17.00 - 19.00
||Optional BLS Workshop in some locations **
Throughout the Hot Topics course, there are discussions about the latest clinical evidence, how this evidence may vary from current practice, what changes this might necessitate in updating patient care and Quality Improvement ideas that you can look at in your practice.
More about the course
** Optional Basic Life Support (BLS) Workshop (2 hours at end of Workshop)
Please note: BLS Workshop is NOT available at the Adelaide, Perth or Wagga Wagga events.
This workshop will cover the BLS requirement for ACRRM and RACGP and includes:
- Two hour BLS (CPR) workshop
- Interactive update of the latest ANZCOR CPR guidelines
- Skill stations including:
- Airway Management
- CPR for Adults
- CPR for Paediatrics
- Use of AEDs (Automated External Defibrillators)
The workshop is accredited for:
- RACGP for 5 CPD Points (Cat 2)
- ACRRM for 10 BLS points, 4 PRPD points and 2 Core PDP points
We reserve the right to cancel the BLS Workshops in the event that minimum numbers are not met. We will refund the registration fee in the event that the BLS Workshop does not proceed.