The Hot Topics GP Update course covers the latest evidence on topics related to your everyday practice. Following is the programme for the day.
- Atrial Fibrillation based on latest evidence & guidelines, including new NOAC evidence
- Hypertension: controversies based around diagnosis, definitions, targets and combination therapy based on latest US Guidelines
- What next after metformin?
- Flash glucose monitoring systems (e.g. Freestyle Libre), evidence and implications
- Diabetes reversal and remission, DiRECT study
- Gout, latest guidance including evidence on treating all to a low serum uric acid target
Multimorbidity, Frailty & Medicine for the Elderly
- Breast cancer survivorship and consequences e.g. bone protection, treatment of vasomotor and menopausal symptoms, lymphoedema, psychological consequences etc
- Vaginal discharge and self-taken swabs
- Reflux…could it be eosinophilic esophagitis?
- How to manage abnormal LFTs
- Eating Disorders
Prescribing Hot Topics
- Long-term PPIs
- Migraine, latest evidence for prophylaxis options
- Earlier diagnosis of colorectal cancer and inflammatory bowel disease in younger people
- Thrombocytosis as potential cancer marker
- Is it really penicillin allergy?
- Minor illness update (latest evidence on sore throat, otitis media e.g. steroids for sore throat? Evidence for delayed prescribing of antibiotics?)
- UTI, NSAIDs or antibiotics?
- Obstructive sleep apnoea
- Abdominal Migraine
- Faltering growth in children
Last 30 minute cases
- Epilepsy and contraception
- Renal colic and alpha blockers
The NB Medical / Medcast 'Hot Topics' course provides non-biased, 100% independent course material, prepared and presented by fellow GPs, and we accept NO Pharmaceutical sponsorship or exhibitors.More about the course
We understand that the current situation can make it difficult to commit and plan face-to-face education. To assist with your decision making we can confirm:
- Increased hygiene measures are being implemented at all our course venues
- Social distancing guidelines in terms of room layout and food/refreshments are being followed.
In the event that a course needs to be postponed, or cancelled, due to a change to COVID restrictions affecting the course and/or presenter, we will work with registrants to transfer to another date, an online course (where possible), or arrange full refunds where this is not possible.
Stamford Plaza Adelaide
150 North Terrace Adelaide SA 5000