Hot Topics GP Update Course 2018
NB Medical, Britain’s market leader in GP education has joined forces with Medcast, to bring you a one-day, face-to-face, CPD opportunity that will have you coming back year after year. Hot Topics is a lecture style course for GPs that includes:
- The latest pertinent medical research, GP guidelines and papers presented by GPs.
- A series of short presentations including recent findings from the medical literature which are pertinent for GPs.
- The presentations are snappy, focused, fun and interactive. The atmosphere is light, relaxed and friendly.
- A detailed reference book which summarises the evidence from around approximately 150 clinical Hot Topics which are commonly dealt with in primary care. This will enable you to practice evidence-based medicine with the latest research at your fingertips.
Evidence-based medicine for primary care - fun, interactive, chunked and not-to-be-missed, especially if you don’t have time to read all the latest research.
Below are a few of the Hot Topics for which the latest evidence has been researched, distilled and prepared for your entertainment:
- Cardiovascular medicine - management of atrial fibrillation, the latest evidence on statins and lower targets in hypertension
- Medicine for the elderly - managing multimorbidity and frailty
- Early detection of cancer
- Musculoskeletal medicine - managing gout
- Skin - optimal management of acne
- Headache - red flags
- Renal colic in primary care
- Gastrointestinal - is it IBS…or could it be giardiasis?
- Diabetes - What next after metformin?
- Women’s health - Managing menopause
- Paediatrics - faltering growth
- Mental health - depression & anxiety disorders
Click 'learn more' on the events to see the topics to be covered.
Participants of the one day course are eligible for 12 Category 2 RACGP QI&CPD Points and and 6 CPD hours for Nurses. Participants that complete a post-course activity will be eligible for 40 Category 1 RACGP QI&CPD Points. Certificates of completion can be provided for other health professionals requiring evidence of participation.
International Convention Centre, Darling Harbour
Melbourne Convention Centre
Brisbane Convention Centre
For More Information
For more information regarding this course and any dates upon which it is scheduled, or to enquire about hosting this course at your organisation, please contact us.