In this webinar
A case example is used to help explore the range of reliable Australian online resources available to help build resilience in young people at risk of mental health problems, and to help them overcome problems that they may already be experiencing.
We will take a look at leading locally developed e-Mental Health programs, including:
- BITE BACK (12 - 18 yo)
- eheadspace (12 - 24 yo)
- Smiling Mind (7+)
- myCompass (16+)
- MoodGYM (16+)
- The BRAVE Program (8 - 17 yo)
- Reachout (under 25 yo)
The webinar series
The webinar series examines some of the online mental health treatment programs that GPs need to know about, focusing on evidence-based programs that have been developed in Australia. The evidence around the efficacy and usefulness of different programs will be discussed along with practical aspects of using the programs. We will use a case example to explore the use of eMH resources to manage specific concerns in a patient with complex mental health needs. Specifically we will look at a young woman suffering from anxiety and a background of bipolar disorder.
- e-Mental Health programs are a useful adjunct to mental health treatment in primary care
- there is good evidence that patient outcomes improve with the use of e-Mental Health programs
- a variety of locally-developed e-Mental Health programs are available
- GPs need to be familiar with the programs their patients are using and be able to recommend the use of these programs appropriately.
GPs and GP registrars who are who are interested in improving outcomes for patients with mental health conditions.
Participants who view the webinar are eligible for 2 QI&CPD Points and 2 Core ACRRM Points.