This self-paced course will provide knowledge and skills that can be applied across a range of high acuity settings.
Any nurse wanting to upskill in order to work in higher acuity environments or improve their knowledge while working in ares such as Emergency Departments, High Dependency Units, and Cardiac Care Units. If you’re an RN looking for high quality upskilling, then this course is for you.
If you're looking to bundle this course with the self-paced Critical Care Course, we're offering a 20% bundle discount here.
If you're a nurse who completed this course as part of the SURGE program and are looking for ongoing access please find more information here.
- Fundamental electrocardiography
- Getting the most from Your Cardiac Monitoring System
- Innervation of the Myocardium & Intro to Adrenergic receptors
- Regulation of Cardiac Output and Blood Pressure
- Septic Shock
- An Introduction to Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Arrhythmias Originating in the Atria
- Arrhythmias Originating in the AV Junction
- Arrhythmias Originating in the Ventricles
- Pathophysiology of Myocardial Ischaemia
- Chest Pain Assessment - History, Physical examination, ECG
- Differential Diagnosis of Chest Pain - Angina Pectoris, Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Management of Ischaemic Chest Pain
- Distribution of fluids and electrolytes in the body
- Fluid and Electrolyte Imbalances
- Intravenous Solutions & Their Usage
- The Infected Patient – Recognising the Signs & Symptoms of Sepsis
- Pulse oximetry
- Care of the Patient with a Central Line
- Care of the Patient with an Arterial Line
- Interpreting common blood tests: what do they measure & if abnormal, why?
- Regulation of respiration
- Lung volumes and capacities
- Respiratory assessment including Lung Sounds
- Oxygen Therapy, and Humidification – Getting it Right
- Essential Respiratory Physiology: O2 delivery & metabolism, physiology of O2 saturation. CO2 production & elimination
- Assessment & Management of the Patient with Respiratory Problems including Hypoxaemia & Hypercarbia
- Acute Pulmonary Oedema, Pathogenesis & Management including the use of CPAP & BiPAP.
- High Flow Humidified Nasal Oxygenation
- Blood Gas Interpretation Made Easy
An additional 5 hours of online modules including topics from a range of our other courses:
- ALERT - Envenomation, Bites & Stings
- Anaesthesia & PACU - The perianaesthesia nurses’ role in the count process
- Anaesthesia Essentials - Pharmacology in Perianaesthesia & When to Discharge your Patient from Recovery
- Deteriorating Patient - Allergies and Anaphylaxis & The Agitated, Confused or Delirious Patient
This course would normally be conducted as a 2 day face-to-face program at an RRP of $550 including 12 hours of CPD. We’re offering 12 months access to this online, self-paced version for $245 (incl. GST) with 15 hours of CPD plus an additional 5 hours of bonus content from a range of other topic areas.
If you’re an organisation looking to upskill a portion of your workforce, and would have a minimum of 10 participants, please contact us for enterprise pricing.