In addition to the 20,000+ nurses funded to access the SURGE - Critical Care programs by the Commonwealth Department of Health, Critical Care Education Services and Medcast are offering a limited number of heavily discounted places to those that don’t fit the original eligibility criteria. This means nurses working for agencies or in non-hospital settings are now able to access these courses.
If you’re an RN looking for high quality upskilling, then this course is for you.
RNs wanting to upskill in order to work in critical care environments such as Emergency Departments, High Dependency Units, and Cardiac Care Units.
- Cardiac - Electrocardiography
- Fundamental electrocardiography
- Getting the most from Your Cardiac Monitoring System
- Cardiac - Physiology
- Innervation of the Myocardium & Intro to Adrenergic receptors
- Regulation of Cardiac Output and Blood Pressure
- Cardiac - Shock States
- Septic Shock
- Cardiac - Arrhythmias
- An Introduction to Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Arrhythmias Originating in the Atria
- Arrhythmias Originating in the AV Junction
- Arrhythmias Originating in the Ventricles
- Cardiac - Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Pathophysiology of Myocardial Ischaemia
- Chest Pain Assessment - History, Physical examination, ECG
- Differential Diagnosis of Chest Pain - Angina Pectoris, Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Management of Ischaemic Chest Pain
- Fluid & Electrolyte Imbalances
- Distribution of fluids and electrolytes in the body
- Fluid and Electrolyte Imbalances
- Intravenous Solutions & Their Usage
- The Infected Patient
- The Infected Patient – Recognising the Signs & Symptoms of Sepsis
- Pulse oximetry
- Care of the Patient with a Central Line
- Care of the Patient with an Arterial Line
- Interpreting common blood tests: what do they measure & if abnormal, why?
- Respiratory - assessment and management
- Regulation of respiration
- Lung volumes and capacities
- Respiratory assessment including Lung Sounds
- Oxygen Therapy, and Humidification – Getting it Right
- Essential Respiratory Physiology: O2 delivery & metabolism, physiology of O2 saturation. CO2 production & elimination
- Assessment & Management of the Patient with Respiratory Problems including Hypoxaemia & Hypercarbia
- Acute Pulmonary Oedema, Pathogenesis & Management including the use of CPAP & BiPAP.
- High Flow Humidified Nasal Oxygenation
- Blood Gas Interpretation Made Easy
This course would normally be conducted as a 2 day face-to-face program with 12 hours of CPD. We’re offering this online, self-paced version for $195 (incl. GST).
If you’re an organisation looking to upskill a portion of your workforce, and would have a minimum of 10 participants, please contact us for enterprise pricing.