Critical Care Nursing
This course is designed to provide nurses with current knowledge and skills to be applied to any Critical Care setting.
RNs required to work in critical care environments such as Emergency Departments, Intensive Care Units, High Dependency Units, Cardiac Care Units, Interventional Radiology Units (e.g. Cath Labs) and Peri-Anaesthesia Units.
- Fundamental Cardiac Physiology
- Cardiovascular Pathophysiology - Patient with Chest Pain
- Cardiovascular Pathophysiology - Shock States
- Respiratory Physiology
- Monitoring Techniques for the critically ill patient
- Respiratory - Assessment & mechanical ventilation
- Respiratory - Airway management
- Neurological disorders
- Endocrine & Metabolic