2021 Course content
The Hot Topics GP Update Course covers the most pertinent medical literature from the last 12 months, perfectly distilled for today's busy GPs and Nurses; from Cardiovascular Medicine to Women's Health, Paediatrics to Mental Health and everything in between.
The 2021 Hot Topics will give you a vital update on:
- Cardiovascular Disease - Lipids and statins, heart failure, prescribing in heart failure and renal dysfunction
- Cancer - Microcytosis and cancer, Lynch syndrome
- Infections - COVID-19, respiratory, chronic pain
- Diabetes - Kidney disease, remission of type 2 diabetes with diet
- Mental Health - Depression, Burnout
- ENT - Tinnitus and sudden hearing loss
- Women's Health - Perinatal mental health, breast pain, vaginal discharge & recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis
- Gastroenterology - Diverticulitis
- MSK - Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis
* Exact timings on the day may change at presenter's discretion.
|08.30 - 09.00
||Registration, Tea and Coffee
|09.00 - 10.40
|10.40 - 11.00
|11.00 - 12.30
|12.30 - 13.15
|13.15 - 14.30
|14.30 - 14.55
|14.55 - 16.30
||End Hot Topics
|17.00 - 19.00
||Optional BLS Workshop in some locations **
Throughout the Hot Topics course, there are discussions about the latest clinical evidence, how this evidence may vary from current practice, what changes this might necessitate in updating patient care and Quality Improvement ideas that you can look at in your practice.
More about the course
** Optional Basic Life Support (BLS) Workshop (2 hours at end of Workshop)
Please note: BLS Workshop is NOT available at the Adelaide, Perth or Wagga Wagga events.
This workshop will cover the BLS requirement for ACRRM and RACGP and includes:
- Two hour BLS (CPR) workshop
- Interactive update of the latest ANZCOR CPR guidelines
- Skill stations including:
- Airway Management
- CPR for Adults
- CPR for Paediatrics
- Use of AEDs (Automated External Defibrillators)
The workshop is accredited for:
- RACGP for 5 CPD Points (Cat 2)
- ACRRM for 10 BLS points, 4 PRPD points and 2 Core PDP points
We reserve the right to cancel the BLS Workshops in the event that minimum numbers are not met. We will refund the registration fee in the event that the BLS Workshop does not proceed.
Book with confidence as we are monitoring the situation closely, and will follow official guidance to implement necessary precautionary measures at our events.
In the event that a presenter is unable to attend (e.g. due to travel restrictions), either a substitute presenter will be booked or the presenter will attend the course virtually over Zoom.
In the event that a course does not go ahead, we will offer a virtual classroom.
For Basic, Advanced & Paediatric Life Support courses, we will reschedule any practical components at a later date.
If you are looking for online courses please see a list of upcoming webinars: