The Hot Topics GP Update course covers the latest evidence on topics related to your everyday practice. Following is the programme for the day.
- Atrial Fibrillation based on latest evidence & guidelines, including new NOAC evidence
- Hypertension: controversies based around diagnosis, definitions, targets and combination therapy based on latest US Guidelines
- What next after metformin?
- Flash glucose monitoring systems (e.g. Freestyle Libre), evidence and implications
- Diabetes reversal and remission, DiRECT study
- Gout, latest guidance including evidence on treating all to a low serum uric acid target
Multimorbidity, Frailty & Medicine for the Elderly
- Breast cancer survivorship and consequences e.g. bone protection, treatment of vasomotor and menopausal symptoms, lymphoedema, psychological consequences etc
- Vaginal discharge and self-taken swabs
- Reflux…could it be eosinophilic esophagitis?
- How to manage abnormal LFTs
Prescribing Hot Topics
- Long-term PPIs
- Migraine, latest evidence for prophylaxis options
- Earlier diagnosis of colorectal cancer and inflammatory bowel disease in younger people
- Thrombocytosis as potential cancer marker
- Is it really penicillin allergy?
- Minor illness update (latest evidence on sore throat, otitis media e.g. steroids for sore throat? Evidence for delayed prescribing of antibiotics?)
- UTI, NSAIDs or antibiotics?
- Obstructive sleep apnoea
- Abdominal Migraine
- Faltering growth in children
Last 30 minute cases
- Epilepsy and contraception
- Renal colic and alpha blockers
The NB Medical / Medcast 'Hot Topics' course provides non-biased, 100% independent course material, prepared and presented by fellow GPs, and we accept NO Pharmaceutical sponsorship or exhibitors.
More about the course