Whether you’re new to paediatric nursing or wish to update your existing skills with contemporary concepts, our ‘Paediatric Nursing Essentials’ webinar series is for you.
This 4 part webinar series explores fundamental concepts in paediatric nursing and addresses a variety of contemporary topics, relevant to nursing children in acute care environments.
Throughout this series we'll cover:
- Consent and family centred models of care
- Physiological and pharmacological developmental differences for paediatrics from the neonatal period through to adolescence and adults
- Assessment and initial management of the deteriorating child
- Procedural distraction
The course will also be supported by access to demonstration videos of key clinical skills including:
- Caring for IV cannula
- Insertion and care of NGT
- Urine sample collection
- Nasopharyngeal aspiration
Who should attend?
Acute care nurses - working in dedicated paediatric areas or mixed adult/paediatric environments, such as emergency departments and peri-anaesthesia areas.
It will benefit those who are new to paediatric nursing, as well as nurses who would like to update their knowledge on contemporary paediatric concepts.
Four webinars will run from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM (AEST):
- Thursday 3 June 2021: Physiological differences across childhood
- Thursday 10 June 2021: Role of the paediatric nurse & pharmacology in paediatrics
- Thursday 17 June 2021: Taking accurate observations & oxygen therapy in paediatrics
- Thursday 24 June 2021: Cognitive and emotional differences across childhood & procedural distraction: why is it so important?
This will total 6 hours of live CPD plus the short skill demonstration videos.
All webinars will be recorded and available on-demand if you're unable to attend the live sessions.
The webinar series has been discounted to $300 inc GST (previously $395 for the face to face version).
For more information regarding this course, upcoming dates, or to enquire about hosting this course at your organisation, please let us know.
International health professionals are welcome to attend our courses in Australia however unfortunately we can't assist with any visa applications or sponsorship.