New Zealand Webinar Series
Join us for a series of live broadcasts of the Hot Topics GP Update course, specifically tailored for New Zealand GPs and Practice Nurses. The content has undergone a cultural review by New Zealand educators to ensure it is culturally appropriate to apply the clinical information to all patients.
The Hot Topics are short snippets of evidence that serve as an excellent update for GPs and Nurses, and fantastic exam preparation for GP Registrars.
The series includes 4 live webinar events that can be watched from the comfort of your own home. Webinar dates:
- 8pm Wednesday, 3 March 2021
- 8pm Wednesday, 10 March 2021
- 8pm Wednesday, 17 March 2021
- 8pm Wednesday, 24 March 2021
You will get:
- Four live webinar sessions hosted by a combination of New Zealand, UK and Australian expert GP educators
- Each session will be recorded so that you can watch them 'on demand' if you miss one or would like to refresh your knowledge
- Online version of NB Medical Hot Topics GP Update Course Booklet (UK), including summaries of approximately 150 clinical Hot Topics which are commonly dealt with in primary care.
- Online version of the New Zealand Supplement including Keep It Simple Summaries (KISS) on the topics covered in the New Zealand Hot Topics series.
- Access to clinical audit tools related to the Hot Topics content as optional CME activties.
The 2021 Hot Topics will give you a vital update on:
- Cardiovascular Disease - Lipids and statins, heart failure, prescribing in heart failure and renal dysfunction
- Cancer - Microcytosis and cancer, Lynch syndrome
- Infections - COVID-19, respiratory, chronic pain
- Diabetes - Kidney disease, remission of type 2 diabetes with diet
- Mental Health - Depression, Burnout
- ENT - Tinnitus and sudden hearing loss
- Women's Health - Perinatal mental health, breast pain, vaginal discharge & recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis
- Gastroenterology - Diverticulitis
- MSK - Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis
What is Hot Topics?
NB Medical, Britain’s market leader in GP education has joined forces with Medcast, to bring you a CPD opportunity that will have you coming back year after year. The webinars cover:
- The latest pertinent medical research, GP guidelines and papers prepared and presented by GPs.
- A series of short presentations including recent findings from the medical literature which are pertinent for GPs and Practice Nurses.
- The presentations are snappy, focused, fun and interactive. The atmosphere is light, relaxed and friendly.
- A detailed reference book which summarises the evidence from around approximately 150 clinical Hot Topics which are commonly dealt with in primary care.
- This will enable you to practice evidence-based medicine with the latest research at your fingertips.
Evidence-based medicine for primary care - fun, interactive, chunked and not-to-be-missed, especially if you don’t have time to read all the latest research.